Argyle is a remote-first, Series A fast-growing tech startup that has reimagined how we can use employment data.
Renting an apartment, buying a car, refinancing a home, applying for a loan. The first question that they will ask you is, "how do you earn your money?" Wouldn’t you think that information foundational to our society would be simple to manage, transfer and control? Well, it’s not!
Argyle provides businesses with a single global access point to employment data. Any company can process work verifications, gain real-time transparency into earnings and view worker profile details.
We are a fun and passionate group of people, all working remotely across 19 different countries and counting. We are looking for a Junior Accountant to assist with the daily operations of our finance department. This individual will be working closely with our Finance Lead to close the books, produce financial reports, prepare and analyze budgets, and perform general bookkeeping. This role will be ever evolving and will require the candidate to be flexible and open-minded.
What will you do?
- Code transactions by name and account
- Issue timely and accurate invoices and track cash payments and accounts receivable
- Manage accounts payable and maintain records of vendor relations and statuses
- Process payroll and prepare related journal entries and 1099s
- Process journal entries to the general ledger
- Reconcile bank and credit card accounts monthly
- Participate in the month-end close process and prepare financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends as requested
- Comply with federal, state, and local legal requirements by maintaining compliance documentation and maintaining historical records by filing documents electronically
- Stay informed and current with bookkeeping, tax filing, HR standards and other related government regulations
- Work with finance and business teams in forecasting income and expenses
What are we looking for
- 1 – 3 years of experience
- Technical knowledge of U.S. GAAP accounting theory, principles, and practices
- Completed or working towards CPA license strongly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree required; concentration in accounting or finance preferred
- Ability to describe accounting systems and processes in written correspondence and in procedure manual format
- Ability to perform mathematical computations accurately and quickly, including computation of ratios and percentages
- Familiarity with accounting tools (Quickbooks, Stripe, Bill.com, Ramp, etc) and Microsoft Excel to present financial information
- Ability to prepare statistical reports, analyze financial reports and make recommendations based on analysis and research
- Strong priority management skills
- Remote first company
- International environment
- Flexible working hours
- Stock Options
- Flexible vacation leave
- $1,000 after a month of employment to set up your home office
Argyle embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.