Argyle is a fast-growing, remote-first Series B startup solving a systemic data problem.
Underneath the consumer finance industry’s decisions and processes is static, analog documentation—things like credit reports and paystubs—designed decades ago for a world that no longer exists. Meanwhile, credit bureaus buy, move, store, and sell consumers’ data without their knowledge or consent.
The result? A labyrinth of manual workflows and shortsighted underwriting models that obstruct financial access, compound operational costs, and impede innovation.
The solution is Argyle. We’re a real-time income data platform that lets our end-users instantly connect their employment records to apps and websites, so they can access and qualify for the financial resources they need to get ahead. Providers benefit from streamlined workflows and enhanced visibility that reduce costs and risk across the user journey.
Our mission is to give consumers the means to exercise ownership over their income, employment, and identity data in order to create a more equal, efficient, and effective financial system for everybody.
If you’re looking to join a fun and ambitious group of people working remotely across dozens of countries, apply today.
About the team
The finance team at Argyle is focused on building out a world-class finance organization with the best people, processes, and technology. As a high-growth startup, we work cross-functionally to support the broader organization, while implementing strong systems and processes to scale the organization. The team works very closely together, with opportunities to work on initiatives across accounting, FP&A, and shared services.
What will you do?
- Manage all accounting operations including Billing, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, and more
- Coordinate and direct the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts and report variances
- Prepare monthly financial statements
- Coordinate the preparation of regulatory reporting
- Research technical accounting issues for compliance
- Support month-end and year-end close process
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
- Manage and comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
What are we looking for
- 3-5 years of overall combined accounting and finance experience
- Advanced degree in Accounting or relevant field
- CPA strongly preferred
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Experience with creating financial statements
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process
- Excellent accounting software user and administration skills
- Remote first company
- International environment
- Flexible working hours
- Stock Options
- Flexible vacation leave
- $1,000 after a month of employment to set up your home office
Argyle embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.