Invite users via text or email to connect their payroll accounts.
Invites provide an alternative way users can enter Link directly from an email or SMS message, without the need to embed Link in your website or application.
Invites can be customized through the Invite settings section of Console within Settings.
Within an invite, the call-to-action button is a shareable URL that incorporates any flow customizations you made to the user's Link experience. These URL's do not expire, allowing the user to return to Link at any time from the original invite. You can also retrieve the URL after sending an invitation by searching for and hovering over the invited user in the Connections section of Console.
Inviting new users#
Sign in to Console with an Admin, Full member, or Operations account. (See roles and permissions)
From the Connections page, select Send URL invite.
Choose your invite method (email, SMS, or both) and fill out the Recipient details.
Choosing Email and SMS is recommended and generally provides the best overall response rate.
(Optional) To invite multiple users at the same time, select Bulk upload and upload a CSV file (example CSV) with the users' contact information.
Select Preview to review the email, landing page, Link experience, or success message of the invitation.
Select Customize invite in the upper-right of the Preview screen to make edits to your invite customizations.
Send the invitation
- You will be notified by email when the user has connected a payroll account.
- You can also filter sent invitations by status, income source, or sender from the Connections section of Console.
Reconnecting existing users#
Users may need to return to Link for few reasons:
- As part of their payroll system's multi-factor authorization (MFA) process.
- To re-verify a disconnected account (a one-click, no credentials needed process).
- To connect additional accounts—the user started a new job, for example.
- To revoke access to previously connected accounts.
Users can return to Link (and access their existing accounts) at any time through the original invite they received. Invites never expire. If the user has lost their original invite, a copy invite can be resent via the API or Console using these steps:
- Navigate to the Connections section of Console.
- Hover over the user to reveal:
- A refresh icon, allowing you resend an invite to the user with one click.
- A paperclip icon, allowing you to click, copy, and send the user an invite URL directly.
After receiving the invite, the user will be able to access and if needed, reconnect their previously connected accounts.