Uploading W-2s, 1099s, and paystubs through Link.
Files types supported#
|File format||Link support||Third party OCR support|
|Web, iOS, Android, React Native, Flutter||Yes|
|JPG image uploads||Web, iOS, Android, React Native, Flutter||Yes|
|PNG image uploads||Web, iOS, Android, React Native, Flutter||Yes|
|HEIC image uploads||Web, iOS, Android, React Native, Flutter||Yes|
|Photo capture||Web, iOS, Android, React Native, Flutter||Yes|
OCR for uploaded documents#
Third party OCR can be used to capture data from W-2, 1099, and paystub documents that users are able to upload through Argyle after you enable document upload.
- OCR data captured from uploaded documents can be accessed via Console or via the API alongside payroll-sourced data.
- Third party OCR can be set up within Console. For more information, visit our OCR Integration Guide.
Enabling document upload#
Create a new customization (Shareable URL, Email/SMS Template, or Embedded Experience) in the Flows section of Console.
Within the "Argyle Link" tab, open the Doc upload settings dropdown at the bottom when a Search, List, or Direct login account connection flow is chosen.
Enable Doc upload for one or both fallback scenarios:
- User finds no search results (not applicable to Direct login flows): Users are prompted to upload documents when they are unable to locate their employer or payroll provider through Link search .
- User provides incorrect credentials: Users are prompted to upload documents when a payroll connection attempt is unsuccessful.
Document upload only#
- Create a new customization in the Flows section of Console.
- Select Doc upload within the "Search and connect" tab.
When this account connection flow is enabled, Link users will be directly connected to the document upload screen, bypassing the payroll account connection process.
Implementing document upload#
Shareable URLs - Your chosen document upload customizations will be active when any user enters Link through your saved shareable URL.
Email/SMS Templates — When inviting new users, select your saved Email/SMS template with document upload customizations from the Template dropdown.
Embedded Experiences — When embedding Link, copy the ID (e.g.
V32M5YBC) of the embedded experience with document upload customizations and add the following line to your Link initialization:
1flowId: "<Flow ID>" // (e.g. V32M5YBC) found in the Flows section of Console
Retrieving uploaded documents#
Within the Connections section of Console, select an individual user. Any uploaded documents will be available for download in an Uploaded Documents tab.
Uploaded documents can be accessed through the API's